EXAMINATIONS DECEMBER, 2012 STD : X
ENGLISH I PAPER
1. i) essential ii) victorious iii) bravery iv) effecting v) seriousness
2. i) frequent ii) disorganized iii) dishonour iv) past v) less
3. Indian National Satellite
4. We heard loud peals of laughter
5. Sales clerk
6. Out post
9. Make out
10. a) sen/ti/ment-3 syllables, b) com/pul/sive-3 syllables c) met/ro/polis-3 syllables
12. a) I was frightened at his ferocity b) The tiger is a ferocious animal c) The tiger attacked him ferociously.
13. This is the moment of pride (or) We take pride of this moment
14. a) Not many children are exceptionally talented
15 c) you will be punished
16. c) SVAA
17. a) doesn’t she ? DOES SHE? is right according to me as statement contains rarely which is negative
18. b) as tall as
19. b) He refused to admit his guilt
20. a) In case
21. c) Playing
22. b) on loosing
23. b) An
24. c) by
25. a) The leaking tap has to be repaired b) As the tap is leaking, it has to be repaired c) The tap is leaking (and) so it has to be repaired.
26. A mistake has been committed by the boy and it was realized by him.
27. Shreya asked Swarna to give her(we can also use swarna's for second her) her book and assured that she would return it the next day.
28. a) If he had run fast, he wouldn’t have lost the race.(or )He would have won the race
29. a) Tower D is the highest. b) Tower C is higher than Tower A/B.
30. “What is that you like most ? “I asked.
40. a) The poet’s (D.H.Lawrence) heart b) It was a Sunday evening and there was winter outside.
41. Because it was equitable between bright and dark.
42. No, it doesn’t.
43. a) It depicts both the darker and the brighter sides of the world (or) b) On one side, the poor suffer a lot and their life is gloomy. On the other side the rich live luxuriously.
44. Glean – dream
48. Stark – softens
50. a) dispute b) Spending large sums of money on medical research. c) Vaccination against diseases such as Polio, Antibiotics, X – rays, Radiotherapy, etc., are the advantages of Medical research. d) A cure for AIDS is the goal. e) It can be reduced by organizing a team of scientists with joint international funding.
51. a) from - between b) are - is c) a - an d) am - was e) than - to
52. a) Bullock - cart b) They are happy. I see smile on their faces. c) Because it is a handicraft d) At art galleries and handicraft sales depots. e) During “Navarathiri” Festival.
SSLC HALF YEARLY EXAMINATION – 2012-13
STD. 10ENGLISH PAPER II
1 i) on the front porchii) with a hurt paw iii) belonged to iv) doctor and patient v) as best as he could
2 i) Shelly ii) Painter iii) Dad/ Father iv) Celine v) Hubert
1 a) Sam-the real name of the dog b) Dad-a flying officer in World War II C) Kumar-young and enterprising d) Hubert-a little boy of fourteen e) Jack Poderoso – a 45 year old teacher
2 i) b) Goldy ii) d) with an accounting firm iii) d) the life of Jesus iv) a) New York v) b) cup board
6. i) She was belting out a tune ii) gathered around and sang iii) the piano iv) he had no job v) Dad bought a new piano for cash
9. i) I want to go ii) This road leads to the Big Temple. iii) It is … km from here / near by iv) Can I get an auto? / thank you. V) sure / welcome
1 a) Mobile phones are banned in the school campus by the Govt. of Tamilnadu. b) Indian scientists have discovered a new planet. c) The Prime Minister is going to inaugurate the National Games in Delhi. d) The jewels were stolen from a house in Mylapore. e) Chennai Super Kings has beat Mumbai Indians in the T20 Cricket match.
2 i) c)5 ii) true iii) b) higher than iv) b) 4.1 v) d) oil
16.a) Tooth paste-A sparkling smile
b) Pen-The magic of words
c) LPG Stove-A new style in cooking
d) Air-Conditioner-Cool and pleasant
e) Salt-Add taste
18. i) summer morning ii) sing iii) huntsman iv) school v) in sighing and dismay