Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) Recruitment 2014 for PGTs & TGTs –
Apply Online for 937 PGTs & TGTs Vacancies
NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA SAMITI
(An Autonomous Organization under Ministry of HRD)
Department of School Education and Literacy),
Government of India
B-15, Institutional Area, Sector-62,
Noida, District GautamBudh Nagar,
Uttar Pradesh – 201 309
RECRUITMENT OF POST GRADUATE TEACHERS & TRAINED GRADUATE TEACHERS – 2014 IN JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYAS
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS), an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of School Education & Literacy, Government of India, invitesON LINE applications through the link (RECRUITMENT OF TEACHERS IN NVS - 2014) available on NVS website (i.e. www.navodaya.nic.in) from eligible Indian nationals for drawing a panel of candidates for filling up of the posts of Post Graduate Teachers (PGTs) & Trained Graduate Teachers (TGTs) on DIRECT RECRUITMENT BASIS in the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas located in various districts of the country. Subject wise & Category wise break up of tentative vacancies is as under:-
Post Graduate Teachers (PGTs)
Trained Graduate Teachers (TGTs)
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas are co-educational, fully residential schools up to Senior Secondary level and are located mainly in rural areas. At present 588 JNVs are functioning all over the country. Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas being fully residential institutions, the teachers are required to stay in the Vidyalaya campus for which rent free accommodations as available will be provided. In addition to normal teaching duties, the teachers are required to perform additional responsibilities attached with residential system of schooling like House Mastership, remedial and supervisory studies, organization of co-curricular activities, escorting of students on migration and looking after students’ welfare in general. During the period of probation of the incumbent performance in all these areas is also assessed, in addition to the teaching ability to determine suitability for the job.
In view of the policy that at least 1/3rd students admitted are girls; efforts will be made to post male and female teachers in proportion to the number of girl students in Navodaya Vidyalayas subject to condition that they fulfill the normal eligibility conditions. However, there is no separate reservation for Female Teachers to this effect.
2. Details regarding essential and desirable qualifications for various categories of posts, Pay Scales, Age limit, Relaxation of age, Mode of Selection and other related details are given below. In addition to the pay scale and grade pay, selected candidates will be entitled to draw admissible allowance besides 10% special pay for performing additional residential duties.
2.1: (POST CODE & ELIGIBLITY CRITERIA):
A. FOR POST GRADUATE TEACHERS
SUBJECT-WISE POST CODES FOR FILLING UP THE APPLICATION FORM
POST GRADUATE TEACHERS
PAY SCALE: Rs. 9300-34800 (Grade Pay Rs.4800)
UPPER AGE LIMIT: 40 YEARS (As on 31.01.2014).
(a) Two Year Integrated Post Graduate M.Sc. Course from Regional College of Education of NCERT in the concerned subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
Master’s Degree from a recognized university with at least 50% marks in aggregate in the following subjects.
Physics/Applied Physics/Electronics Physics/ Nuclear Physics
Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics
Commerce with Accounting/Cost Accounting/ Financial Accounting as a major subject of study. Holders of Degree of M.Com. in Applied/Business Economics shall not be eligible.
Botony / Zoology / Life Sciences / Bio Sciences / Genetics / Micro Bilolgy / Bio Technology / Molecular Bio / Plant Physiology provided that applicant had studied Botany and Zoology at Graduation level.
(b) B.Ed. or equivalent qualification from a recognized University.
(c) Proficiency in Teaching in Hindi and English languages.
(a) Experience as TGT in recognized institution in concerned subject.
(b) Experience of working in a residential school.
(c) Knowledge of Computer application.
B. FOR TRAINED GRADUATE TEACHERS
SUBJECT-WISE POST CODES FOR FILLING UP THE APPLICATION FORM
TRAINED GRADUATE TEACHERS
PAY SCALE: Rs. 9300-34800 (Grade Pay Rs.4600)
UPPER AGE LIMIT: 35 YEARS (As on 31.01.2014).
(a) Four years integrated degree course of Regional College of Education of NCERT with at least 50% marks in the concerned subject as well as in the aggregate.
A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a recognized University with 50% marks or above in aggregate as well as in the concerned subject comprising the combination as under:
English as an Elective Subject at Degree Level
Maths, Physics and Chemistry
Botany, Zoology and Chemistry
Hindi as an Elective Subject at Degree level
TGT (Social Studies)
History with Geography / Economics / Political Science or
Geography with History / Economics / Political Science
(b) B.Ed. or equivalent from a recognized University.
(c) Competence to teach through English and Hindi/concerned Regional language as the case may be.
(d) Should pass Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) conducted by CBSE.
(a) Experience of working in a residential school.
(b) Knowledge of Computer application.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR TGT (MATHS) , TGT (SCIENCE)& TGT (SOCIAL STUDIES)
Candidates applying for the post of TGT (Mathematics),TGT(Science) and TGT (Social Studies) should ensure before applying that they fulfill the following criteria for being eligible for consideration for appointment to these posts.
1. The candidate should have studied Maths, Physics and Chemistry during all three years of graduation.
2. In case of such Universities which provide for only two subjects out of the three as mentioned above, in the final year of graduation, the candidate should have studied Maths and Physics in the final year of examination and all the three subjects, viz, Maths, Physics and Chemistry in the first and second years of graduation.
3. Candidates who have passed B.Sc. degree with Honours in Maths subject would be considered eligible only if they have studied Physics and Chemistry in first and second year of the course. Candidates with B.Sc.(Hons.) in Physics or Chemistry are not eligible for the post of TGT(Maths).
4. Candidate should also have secured 50% marks in aggregate individually in these subjects during all the years of study.
5. Candidate should have secured at least 50% marks in aggregate in the graduation degree also.
1. The candidate should have studied Botany, Zoology and Chemistry during all the three years of study in graduation.
2. In case of such Universities which provide for only two subjects in the final year of graduation, the candidates should have studied any of the two subjects out of Botany, Zoology and Chemistry in the final year of examination and all the three subjects, viz. Botany, Zoology and Chemistry in the first and second years of graduation.
3. In case of Honours Degree in any of the above mentioned three subjects, the candidate must have studied other two subjects in the first and second year of the course.
4. Candidate should also have secured 50% marks in aggregate individually in all of these subjects during all the years of study.
5. Candidate should have secured 50% marks in aggregate in the graduation degree also.
TGT (Social Studies):
1. The candidate should have studied any of the two subjects out of the following subject :
a) History with Geography / Economics / Political Science or
b) Geography with History / Economics / Political Science
2. History / Geography as above, should have been studied for all three years in the Graduation.
3. In case of Honours Degree in History the candidate should have studied Geography / Economics / Political Science in 1st and 2nd years. Similarly in case of Honours degree in Geography, the candidate should have studied History / Economics / Political Science in 1stand 2nd year. Candidates with B.A. (Honours) in Economics or Political Science are not eligible for the post of TGT (Social Studies).
4. Candidate should have secured 50% marks in aggregate individually in the subjects during all the three years of study.
5. Candidate should have secured at least 50% marks in aggregate in the Graduation Degree also.
2 (2): AGE RELAXATION
Maximum relaxation in upper age limit will be as under:
Category of Persons
Extent of age relaxation / concession
Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe
Other Backward Classes
Women (SC / ST / OBC)
Candidates with 3 years continuous service in Central Govt. provided the posts are in same or allied cadres
Persons ordinarily domiciled in State of Jammu & Kashmir during 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989
Persons with disabilities (including women)
2 (3): The Cut-Off date for determining various eligibility criteria (Educational Qualifications, age limit etc.) will be 31.01.2014. Applicants must satisfy about their eligibility as on 31.01.2014 before applying. The NVS will take up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidates have qualified for interview. Only those OBC categories which are applicable for appointment under Central Government will be considered.
3: MODE OF SELECTION
(a) Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in written examination and interview put together. The Samiti reserves the right to decide the cut off marks in written examination and interview. The decision of the Samiti about the mode of selection to the above posts and eligibility conditions of the applicants for interview shall be final and binding. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
(b) The Written Examination for the recruitment to the above mentioned posts is likely to be held at following 22 cities (code of the cities is mentioned against the name of the city). However, the Samiti has the right to conduct the written test at all the cities or any one of the cities depending upon the number of the candidates and other compulsions. Number of centers in each city will depend upon the number of candidates opting for a city.
Name of the City
Name of the City
(c) Persons with disability of 40% or more, if so desires, will have to bring their own scribe to assist them in the examination. There is no restriction with regard to educational qualification or age etc. for the scribe. Compensatory time to be allowed in this case is 20 minutes per hour of examination. All candidates with disability not availing the facility of scribe may be allowed additional time of minimum of one hour for examination of three hours duration. In the instant case 50 minutes additional time will be allowed since the duration of the written exam is 2 ½ hours. Reservation for person with disabilities in r/o the current year vacancies will be given as per the rules. However, posts are identified suitable for persons with disabilities (Orthopedically & Visually Handicapped).
(d) No candidate will be admitted for the written examination without the proper Admit Card.
(e) The Written test will consist of one paper for both PGT and TGT, separately, as under:-
POST GRADUATE TEACHERS & TRAINED GRADUATE TEACHERS
COMMON PAPER FOR ALL POSTS OF PGTs & TGTs:
Objective type multiple choice questions on General English / Hindi (40:20+20), General Awareness (30), General Intelligence, Numerical Ability & Reasoning (30) , Teaching Aptitude (20) and concerned subject knowledge (80). The difficulty level of the question papers for PGTs will be of Post Graduation standard and for TGTs it will be of Graduation standard.
There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
2 hrs 30 minutes.
(f) Schedule of examination will be intimated with the Admit Card. Detailed examination schedule will also be notified on Samiti’s website www.navodaya.nic.in in due course.
(g)Based on the performance in written examination and also keeping in view the number of vacancies, the candidates will be called for interview. Intimation to this effect will be uploaded on the Samiti’s website www.navodaya.nic.in in due course. Candidates are required to check the Samiti’s website from time to time. Taking into account the performance of both written examination and interview, merit list will be prepared.
4: HOW TO APPLY:
i. Candidates are required to apply Online through Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti’s web-site at www.navodaya.nic.in No other means/mode of application will be accepted.
ii. Candidates are required to have a valid personal email ID. It should be kept active during the currency of this recruitment. The NavodayaVidyalayaSamiti through its exam conducting agency may send call letters for written test, interview etc. through the registered email ID. Under no circumstances, he/she should share/ mention email ID to/ or of any other person.
iii. In case, a candidate does not have a valid personal email ID, he/she should create his/ her new email ID before applying Online.
iv. Candidate should have scanned copy of recent colour photograph and signatures (not exceeding 100 kb each) while filling up online application form.
v. Applicants are first required to go to the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti’s web-site at www.navodaya.nic.in and open the link 'Recruitment of Teachers in NVS - 2014'. Thereafter, open the Recruitment Notification titled as ‘RECRUITMENT OF PGTs & TGTs in JNVs - 2014'.
vi. Candidates can apply Online by visiting the Recruitment Page of the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti’s website and going to the sub-link "Filling up of ONLINE APPLICATION FORM FORRECRUITMENT OF PGTs & TGTs - 2014” as the case may be. Click on this sub-link will open up the appropriate Online Application Format.
vii. Carefully fill in the complete details in online application form. Scan and upload your recent photograph and signatures at the appropriate places as per instructions contained in the online application format and submit the same Online. Login id and password would be generated on successful submission of application and will be displayed on the screen. Candidates are advised to note down their login id and password for future use.
viii. Take a print out of the 'FEES PAYMENT CHALLAN'.
ix. Go to the nearest Branch of Union Bank of India with the Fee Payment Challan. Pay in Cash Rs.560/- (i.e. Application Fee of Rs.500/- + Rs.60/- Bank’s service charges) in the form of a bank challan as mentioned above. No fee is required to be paid by candidates belonging to SC / ST / PH categories and Women candidates; hence the steps for payment of fees will not be applicable to them in online application form. Once the fee plus service charges is deposited the same shall not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidate should take note of this and act accordingly.
x. Obtain the counterfoil (Applicant's Copy & NVS Copy) of the Fee Payment Challan duly received by the Bank with (a) Branch Name & Code Number (b) Transaction ID/Journal No (c) Date of Deposit & Amount filled by the Branch Official.
xi. Revisit the NVS website and login with your login id and password and complete the process by filling in the fee details such as Journal No. / Transaction ID, Branch code, date of deposit, amount etc.
xii. Original counterfoil of the fee payment challan (NVS Copy) will have to be submittedwith the call letter at the time of written examination. Without counterfoil of the fee payment challan, the candidates will not be allowed to appear in the written examination. Candidates are also required to show the fee payment challan at the time of interview. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep 3 photocopies of the fee payment challan for future use. Those who are exempted from paying fee are required to show the requisite certificate (caste certificate / disability certificate) at the time of written examination / interview. Women candidates are not required to follow this step.
xiii. The candidates should take a printout of the online application, affix a recent passport size photograph and preserve it with them for their record and should not send the same at the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti’s address or any other address. The application printout with photograph affixed will also have to be submitted during document verification at the time of interviews along with the attested copies of certificates in support of Age, Qualification, Experience, Caste, Caste Validity, Non Creamy Layer, Physical disability, as applicable.
xiv. The name of the candidate or his/ her father/ husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates / mark sheets. Any change / alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
xv. Candidates are required to download the call letter from Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti’s website i.e. “www.navodaya.nic.in”. Candidates may be intimated about the same through e-mail by the exam conducting agency of the Samiti. However, candidates are advised in their own interest to view Samiti’s website from time to time with regard to the call letters and other updates about written examination and interviews, as they may not get the intimation through email due to technical fault. No correspondence should be entertained by the Samiti nor Samiti shall send separate intimation to the candidates to this effect.
xvi. A candidate may apply for one post in PGT & one post in TGT if he is eligible and desires to do so. In such cases, the candidate will have to pay the requisite Fee for both the posts applied for. However, within PGT / TGT category, a candidate shall apply only in one subject.
Fee deposit opens
Admit Card Download Starts
Date of Written Test
5: GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS TO THE CANDIDATES
1. The question paper & the Answer Key will be put on the website same day immediately after the written examination is over inviting objections, if any, from the candidates. Candidates can submit their objections within 3 days. Thereafter, objections will be referred to experts and key will be finalized for preparation of result.
2. Results of the written examination will be published in Samiti’s Website in due course. No enquiry in this regard will be entertained by NVS.
3. The list of candidates called for Interview will be displayed in Samiti’s website.
4. The list of short listed candidates for recruitment to the post of PGTs & TGTs subject wise will also be displayed in the Samiti’s website. No separate correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
5. Canvassing in any form will disqualify a candidate.
6. The Samiti may take up the verification of eligibility of the candidate at any point of time prior to or after the completion of the selection process. Even if Admit Card is issued to a candidate due to lack of information in the application form or otherwise and if it is found at any stage (including the date of joining & thereafter) that the candidate is not eligible, then his / her candidature shall be summarily rejected.
7. The Samiti may, at its discretion, hold re-examination as and when necessary in case need arises for the same. In such an eventuality, candidate will have to appear for such re-examination at his/her own cost.
8. No TA etc. will be paid for appearing in the written test.
9. Selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere in India.
10. Selected candidates will initially be on probation for a period of two years, which can be extended at the discretion of the Competent Authority.
11. Qualifications acquired by the candidates should be strictly in accordance with the prescribed qualifications. Any candidate seeking claim of equivalence of the qualifications with that of the notified one should furnish documentary evidence in support of their claim at the time of interview/selection, otherwise such cases will be rejected. Similarly, where grades have been given, the position of the mark-sheets showing equivalent percentage of marks should be produced at the time of interview/selection.
12. In case any discrepancy or variation in the translated version of this advertisement is found in Hindi or any other language, the text provided in the English version will be treated as final.
13. Test booklets, answer sheets (OMR), application form will be preserved up to the period of six months only, from the date declaration of final result and thereafter it shall be destroyed.
14. Any dispute with regard to this recruitment shall be subject to the court having its jurisdiction in Delhi only.