IT Academy Program Overview
Providing Students with 21st Century Technology Skills
The Microsoft IT Academy Program is a college- and career-ready education program available to all accredited academic institutions, designed to provide students with the 21st century technology skills necessary to acquire certification and be competitive in today’s rapidly evolving workplace. The IT Academy Program also provides educators and staff with professional development opportunities. This subscription-based membership offers a world-class technology curriculum with lesson plans, E-Learning, student projects, and assessments. To date, there are more than 10,000 IT Academy members in more than 160 countries.
Resources available through the IT Academy Program give educators the opportunity to stay up-to-date on the latest Microsoft technologies and easily integrate these technologies into new or existing curricula. With these resources, educators can tailor classes to meet the needs of students of all ages and levels of experience.
IT Academy offers the following:
- The latest Microsoft software for labs, classrooms, and PCs used by students
- Access to a wide range of Microsoft E-Learning courses and the Instructor Learning Management System (LMS) to help track and monitor student progress
- Discounts on official courseware that is available to academic institutions only
- E-Reference Libraries that offer instant access to over 127 Microsoft Press books online
- TechNet subscriptions, which provide a wealth of resources for educators seeking to expand their professional development and students mastering IT professional concepts and skills
- Marketing tools to promote the association with the Microsoft brand and official certifications